Friday, August 10, 2007

LOLsaints

Consider this a bonus post for this week, especially since it's rather off topic :)

August is traditionally "silly season" in the newspaper biz -- when a dearth of the usual news means journalists are scrambling for stories, and things that wouldn't ordinarily get noticed make headlines.

I've been amusing myself recently creating "LOLsaints" -- analagous to LOLcats. Actually, I would have thought that LOLsaints were an obvious development. I'm amazed no one else seems to be doing them yet.

I have more ideas than this, but here's a start. Anyone should feel free to copy and use these icons (though obviously, not to commercialize them).

Aplz-t Brushn-t Itz-watchin-t

X-marx-t Sebastian-t Lawrence-bbq

Lucy-see-t Simon-saw-t Teehee-t

Veronica-t Owie-t WTF-t

EDIT: Oops, forgot one:
Xray-eyes-t

Both large (300x300 pixels) and small versions of all of these are available on my Flickr page.

Labels:

8 Comments:

Anonymous Mona said...

These are awesome! Thank you.

In the same vein, I have seen medieval LOL poets here http://irisbleu.livejournal.com/1456789.html

Regards,
Mona/Katelijne

1:12 PM  
Blogger Chad Toney said...

great stuff!

1:27 PM  
Blogger Mary Liz said...

Ha! Excellent...I'm seeing a pre-conversion Augustine:
Iz in ur gardn stealin ur pairz

6:33 PM  
Blogger Wacky Hermit said...

I thought I was pretty well up on my saints for a non-Catholic, but I'm afraid I don't know what all the disembodied eyes are about. Can anyone enlighten me?

2:51 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Disembodied eyes usually belong to Saint Lucy. However the eyes perched on a book in this set actually come from a painting identified as Saint Odilia, who I hadn't previously encountered.

Absolutely the silliest disembodied eyes I've ever encountered are these, from a painting by Lorenzo Lotto.
The eyes are "hovering" above a dish in the lower right corner; here's an enlargement.

6:06 PM  
Blogger rhinemouse said...

These are just amazingly great.

5:39 PM  
Blogger risa said...

Fabulz!!!!! I think I will steal the entire set.

I would send you some beads but Daughter got them already ...

6:24 AM  
Blogger Jeff Geerling said...

Awesome! I didn't even notice this posting until today; I just created a new website, www.lolsaints.com, and am planning on making a new LOLSaint each day!

10:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home